We're on Etsy!

www.etsy.com/shop/byLillianVernell

Wanna stay inspired? Follow by email

Monday, July 8, 2013

Turquoise!! & a new way to make an adjustable ring!

I saw this pic floating around the web, and loves the color so much I decided to incorporate it into my resin pieces. This is what I came up with.
A small grouping of "testers". I love the color, and some of the pieces will be turned into pendants, earrings, and charms.
I love how imperfectly perfect this piece turned out. Normally you try to remove all air bubbles from the resin before it cures (hardens). But I like how they make this piece shimmer against the rich background.
Here's another view. I achieved this look by pouring clear resin first, and without removing any bubbles, I let it cure for about 2 hours, then I added the colored resin.


I wanted to create a ring that was "adjustable", without having a separate base that you squeezed together or pulled apart to make it fit. I designed this ring in a ribbon pattern so it is very comfortable and adjusts up or down to be worn comfortably on any finger.
I added prongs at the top and these prongs are inserted into the resin during the last part of the curing stage. This piece is very imperfect because I underestimated how stiff my resin actually wasn't, so it sank too deeply for my taste. But I love the concept, so I'll definitely do it again!

Hope you enjoyed, leave questions and comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment